Orbitation

Friday, January 25, 2008

2 more things

Anyone has or possibly knows where in Singapore can I find Bergman's films? The only place I can remotely find a trace with a hint of Singapore is on the Singapore's Ebay website, which isn't exactly the route I want to go to.

I can't find it at quite a number of places and I had to download (eek!) a couple of his movies, but I really hope to get a hold on the discs. Persona and The Seventh Seal are on the top of my list, though I have already downloaded them.

Let me know.

Oh, look what I found? Elementary!



W00t! The full collection of Sherlock Holmes! I have been meaning to buy a copy at MPH but it was a little overpriced, lucky I found this copy at the library. Sure return me some of my investments (overdue fines, actually) in them.

I do feel Sir Arthur himself is a little showy in his potrayal of Holmes' ability of logic and deduction, much so that I feel he makes the character quite unrealistic. I love more of the plots and stories and Holmes seems to be more of the narrator than Watson from where I am reading. Watson merely records what Holmes reveals about each sinister case time after time.

Reading about him reminds me of Zhuge Liang from The Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Luo Guan Zhong's epic fictionalized the real state of war and made Zhuge Liang almost god-like and unbelievable. An interesting saying is that Zhuge Liang (who is real, of course), invented the first bun on a big scale. Yup, he made the first bao so that his soldiers can munch on marches and provide much more convenience in rationing. You can call him the first Kong Guan.

I owe it all to him man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home