Orbitation

Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Kingdom of Kong

When I first got to know of King Kong almost 10 years ago, I had a pretty fuzzy picture what is exactly happening.

I thought that King Kong is a guy named (or surnamed) Kong, who is a king. Just like King Henry V, King Charles II, here we have, King Kong of someplace. To add to the delusion, I believed the big hairy ape is some creature inheriting some arcane powers from mythology, while the lady in the movie was, to wrap things up logically, Queen Kong, the Queen of King Kong.

I had my hopes dashed when I went to see the poorly made 1980s movie on TV.

But wouldn't it be cool to be the Royal King Kong?

1 Comments:

  • well, next to king charles, king henry and the likes, KING KONG just doesnt have the oomph factor. sounds kind of weird actually

    By Blogger jing, at 3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home