Orbitation

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fighters

I interviewed a few candidates today for an opening in my company and I was heartened to see so many fighters.

The pay package for the position was honestly very low. In fact, it was so low that I was visibly quite embarrassed when my HR colleague openly stated how much the range is. I respect the company's policy and I do know that the market rate is actually a little lower than what we offer (there are higher ones, of course). However, the candidates were optimistic and willing to put in the hard work for that small piece of pie. Ethically I can't reveal some of their backgrounds but looking at their stories and what they are putting up with, I marvel at the determination and preseverance of my fellow man (and woman). Everyday people on the street, random Tom and Nancy beside you in the lift.

I looked silently at their scars and battle wounds and told myself that I am so much more fortunate than others and I have to treasure every aspect of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home