Orbitation

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bintan!!

Went to Bintan last weekend! Took a day of leave on Friday and boarded a trip down to the island for a quick getaway.




The basic plan was to go there and relax. To rejuvenate. To recharge. To NUA.



I parked my butt on the hammock and let myself sway along with the winds, catching the breezes from the sea and taking my mind off everything. Disconnecting from Singapore really eases my mind alot, well, basically disconnecting from my work will ease me anytime.

Went to the "shopping haven" they call Pasar Oleh-Oleh, but there are only 10 shops there and hardly any visitors around.




The big bus that we sat in only carried a 6 person load and when we got down, the 2 aunties behind us asked in Hokkien, "Like that only ah?"

We did get something out of it though - we went for spa/reflexology!




I didn't take any photos during the session but I am telling you, when the guy was doing his reflexology thing on my legs I was almost tearing like I had listened to Michael Bolton for 24 hours straight. The funny thing though, is that right after it my legs felt really light. Kinda like wearing the real Nike AIR.

And besides lazing the weekend away, we ate.



And ate.



And er... ate.



And... yeah. And we ate.



Oh, we spotted some interesting green blob washed up on the beach.



Anyone who has the slightest idea what it is, drop me a note. For the moment, I am dubbing it "Flubber".

----------------

Epilogue

When I went back to work on Monday, I was charged up and tackled my tasks with renewed vigor, never saying die like an Energizer battery. Things went smoother even though its the same shit and the same problems.

By Wednesday I was drained out.

I used to laugh out loud at the idiosyncrasies and humour at Dilbert comic stopes before I started working full time. Now, all I could do was empathize.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home