Orbitation

Monday, June 30, 2008

Cooking Therapy

I had wanted to cook when I was much younger and at that point I had the decency to want to go through the proper method of learning how to cook, perhaps some lessons with a culinary school and then becoming some apprentice at a big place and crawl my way up.

As I continue to grow up it somehow became somewhat faded until the point where I realized that it was merely more of a childhood dream.

Nevertheless, I do try to cook whenever I have the chance at her place. Last week's dinner turned out to be much better than I expected as we originally wanted to do away with just a fried rice and expectations were very low.







Love the XO sauce, its a tad expensive but the taste is really good. I was at the supermarket deciding which one to get when I felt that I should probably support my fellow business partner. I have met the people at Woh Hup at a couple of events where we went in as sponsors. Must tell them that their products are really good the next time I see them.











A simple dinner with her and her dad lounging in front of the TV. Her dad took a nap on the sofa after a while. Simple pleasures in life.



------------------------



We tried to cook for a couple of times before, once was when I tried to have salmon lingered with mustard cream sauce. Was a little bland as I was worried whether the taste of mustard was acceptable in the first place.



Now, this is what you see in a few food outlets. Its a hot dog rolled into a prata and it costs a few bucks outside. We had alot of them done under $10. And we can add as much or as little as we want. Serious, F&B are reaping in high margins.



I like recreational cooking, where the agenda is light and the meal simple. I don't mind cooking for her everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home