Orbitation

Saturday, April 14, 2007

My window

I was just looking out of my window and saw part of a cloud forming the arched shape of the alphabet ā€œCā€ and very soon after, a fluffy puff of white drifted under the said alphabet to form a pedestal for it to rest on.

Whenever people asked me what I was doing and I answered that I was looking out of my window, they would always asked me what is that I was looking for.

I love to look out of my window and I had deliberately placed my workstation flat against the wall so that I am perpetually connected to the outside world.

Casting my eyes far away, I find answers to my schoolwork, ideas on where to go or inspirations for my writing (if it is considered so). I can also reflect against the vast darkened skies as I sit down to think about what happened during the day. I locate myself outside my room, a singular star hovering high above everyone so that I can have my moments alone.

Sadly, I find my only refuge through the window, for the thick foliage of the trees do let its thoughts wander off and block me off, the occasional yellow bird do not flutter up to stop my thoughts and chirp incessantly and the beige buildings readily accept my excuses for all the wrongs I did.

As I ponder about all these, I looked up to see the clouds dispersed and the skies graying.

I instinctively reached for my box of tea bags and left the room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home