Orbitation

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Do not

I know my language proficiency is considered of average standard and it is nothing to boast about, in fact in my earlier entry I mentioned that I was told explicitly that my poor expressions caused the grade of a paper to drop. And I do also know and am (highly) aware that in my daily conversation I do sometimes use words that seem too "big". Often I am chided for it but I just thought that I should just try to use some of the words that I come across every now and then. Oscar Wilde has always been my hero but I guess its a different world now. I do try and cut down on it for I do not want to seem acting too pompous or smart.

But the line was drawn when earlier in the evening I accidentally slipped the word "promiscuous" into the conversation I was having with my girlfriend and she stopped and repeated the word. I duly explained it and she said, "Oh, so that's the lay man term."

To say that I was upset by this incident is inconsequential and irrelevant, all I know is that I have to stop. Just be understood and cut out all those excess flabs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home