Orbitation

Friday, September 16, 2005

Losing track

I took a whiff and lost track of where I was. The place, the air, the mood, the sore eyes, the stuffed noses, the memories.

The uncomfortable smiles dotted by a slight twitch complimented the sympathy which was not requested, the nervous gaze perfected with little words and expressions. The sudden respect, the unfamiliar politeness, all exercised with unaccustomed caution, it's so easy to look in than to look out.

And soon after everyone avoided eye contact, vitiating the serenity that once was, pervaded the calm that once settled.

I lost all concept of time, space and even of myself. Even as I sit here now, I wonder if a significant part of me is still back there, holding my crying mum while everyone simply sat and looked on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home